Emigsville Park & Ride
Location: Emigsville, Pennsylvania
Client: Central Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (rabbittransit)
Planning, Design and Construction Inspection/Management of a new Park-n-Ride facility served by rabbitEXPRESS service from York, PA to Harrisburg, PA and northern Maryland.
Since 2002, JMT has provided general site and facility engineering, architectural expertise and planning services for numerous projects including a park-n-ride lot at the Emigsville Exit off I-83 in York, PA. Visible from the interstate and ideally situated, this recently created 140-space park-n-ride facility is an amenity for commuters traveling from the Susquehanna Valley to areas north of Harrisburg or northern Maryland.
The Central Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (rabbittransit) tasked JMT with assisting in the site selection and general engineering for the construction of this lot. Previously, an unused brownfield, the site improved today as a park-n-ride lot provides commuters the opportunity to carpool from a safe area resulting in lessened vehicle wear and tear and lower frequency of gasoline purchases. The facility has been in operation for several years, providing easy access to regional transit services and communities within and around the York Metropolitan Area. The lot provides access to the rabbitEXPRESS service from York to Harrisburg to northern Maryland.
The project required the demolition of existing structures, removal of hazardous materials, resurfacing of existing parking areas, creation of newly paved parking areas, installation of stormwater controls, and construction of bus shelters and installation of signage, lighting and landscaping. Keeping the bus and carpool commuter in mind, JMT planned and designed the park-n-ride facility addressing the following requirements:
« Go Back
- site assessment for potential reuse and/or demolition
- environmental and hazardous material testing and clearances
- wetlands investigation and permitting
- field surveys
- zoning approvals, site design and land development plans
- stormwater management design and NPDES permit
- parking lot design including lot configuration, lighting, signs, ADA compliance and three bus shelters
- highway occupancy permit for road access
- plans and specifications for bidding and construction
- construction inspection and contract administration services