UMMS Program Management
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Client: University of Maryland Medical System
JMT program and construction managers have supported a major
medical system for more than a decade and 350+ assignments.
Since 1999, JMT has provided a full range of program and
construction management services for the University of Maryland
Medical System. The system is comprised of the University of
Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) and five affiliated hospitals.
Our work is primarily for the UMMC Facilities Management and
Development Department, which is responsible for the operations,
maintenance and development of the downtown Baltimore teaching
hospital. The downtown campus measures approximately 2.5
million SF and includes five interconnected buildings.
Our project managers are fully responsible for projects from
planning to funding approval to design through construction.
JMT has completed more than 350 tasks to date, including:
- Shock Trauma Resuscitation Renovation and Expansion
- Two 750-ton chiller replacements
- Relocation of a 13.2 KV double-ended substation
- IT/security/telecommunications upgrades
- 29 Bed Medical Intensive Care Unit Fit-out
- 30 Bed Cardio-Thoracic Intensive Care Unit Fit-out
- 32 Bed Medical-Surgical Unit Fit-out
- Laboratory renovations
- Fire restoration repairs to six elevators
- Numerous other building capital repair, renovation and addition
Many projects are located in sections of the buildings that
require constant accessibility and clean rooms for the facilities'
« Go Back