New Family Care Associates Office at GBMC Offers a Better Patient Experience
On December 3, 2014, JMT attended the grand opening reception for the new Family Care Associates (FCA) office at Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC) in Towson, MD. JMT provided construction management services for the project.
After more than six months of planning and construction, the hospital’s two FCA offices were combined into a single location, which officially opened on October 20, according to GBMC.
The new GBMC Family Care Associates offers the following:
- a greeter station, where patients are welcomed by a patient service associate and directed to a wellness room for the appointment
- physician huddle space in lieu of physician offices
- 14 wellness rooms, where all services come to the patient
- a flow station, which allows for greater communication among the team regarding patient care
- a consult room, which was designed as a space for the RN Care Manager and Care Coordinator to work with patients and their families to coordinate and educate based on a patient’s individual needs.
“Before the new location was selected, FCA went through about two years of work to maintain consistency with the communication and technology efforts used by all Greater Baltimore Medical Associates (GBMA) primary care offices,” GBMC’s official blog explains. “Additionally, the practice made schedule adjustments to ensure that it can take urgent appointments every day and get patients in more quickly for non-emergent issues. It even extended its hours on weekdays and began offering Saturday and Sunday hours.”
The blog continued: “As a result of that work, it earned the status of “Level 3 Physician Practice Connections-Patient-Centered Medical Home (PPC-PCMH)” as noted by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). Achieving this designation demonstrates the practice’s commitment to providing better health and care at a lower cost.”
The design, which varies from the traditional idea of a physician’s office, aimed to create a space that allowed for effective communication, direct patient care, and patient education. The new space provided the opportunity to streamline processes and have a more patient-centered environment.
JMT was honored to be chosen as the construction manager for this project, working closely with representatives from both FCA and the GBMC facilities team to deliver a cutting edge healthcare space.
Visit gbmc.org/familycare or call 443-849-GBMC (4262) for more information.Back to All News